Ladybugs in a Jar with SVG

I saw a card just like this one on the Cricut messageboard and thought it was adorable. I wish I had the Doodlecharms cartridge, but I only liked about half of the cuts on it, so I decided to make my own jar and ladybugs. Here are the scut file and svg file to make your own jar.

The scut file is for the base of the card. My jar is 5 inches tall so I cut the base at 10 inches tall.

The svg file is for the inner jar and the piece with brim and tag. They were at 4 1/2 inches.

I used Plantin Schoolbook and cut five, black 1/2 inch circles and five, black 1/4 inches circles for the bodies of the ladybugs. Then I cut five, red, 1/2 inch circles for wings, cut them in half, and glued them at a angle. I used a fine point sharpie to put spots on the bugs and trail lines behind them.

I'm still looking for a catchy saying to start out on the front and finish inside, any thoughts? Thanks for looking and Happy Scrapping[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]

Comments

Popular Posts