Ruffled Tree Skirt

Last year I had a orange living room at Christmas time. Six months ago we moved to a different house and I painted the living room a colonial blue. Not wanting to spend too much on ornaments, I already had to get a taller tree, I decided to make some. Then I decided to make a tree skirt and garland also. In the end I had a whole new tree.
The ruffled tree skirt was a inspiration I found here, I sewed mine though, just so it will last longer. I also dipped some of the orange ornaments that I had into blue paint to match the new wall color. Other orange ornaments I wrapped in mustard colored yarn, and finished it off with some delicious smelling cinnamon ornaments. Here is a close up of the tree skirt, it took 4 yards of fabric and what seemed like a whole spool of thread.

Comments

Popular Posts