Crackled Table

The top of my table was starting to get some chips in it. I wanted to crackle it, but didn't want to put a lot of money into it, because I was unsure how it would look. I decided to try crackling with elmers glue. I already had the glue and leftover paint form my stairway, so I gave it a try. I attempted to use a foam brush to spread the glue but it wasn't pulling the glue across the table like I wanted and it was too thick. I used my hand to spread the glue as evenly as I could, then waited about 10 minutes. I then used a paint brush to apply my flat paint and watched as cracks appeared within minutes. I used a entire small bottle of elmers school glue for the table top, so if you want smaller cracks, use less glue. I have a lot of brush strokes in my paint, which was hard to avoid because of the width of the table, but it does give it more character. I sealed the top with two coats of water based polyurethane after letting it dry out for 3 days.


Comments

Popular Posts